Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 0.45%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Wednesday, as losses in the Media , Construction and Telecoms sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX fell 0.45%, while the MDAX index fell 0.11%, and the TecDAX index fell 0.31%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which rose 0.44% or 0.060 points to trade at 13.800 at the close. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) added 0.34% or 0.240 points to end at 70.650 and BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ) was up 0.18% or 0.150 points to 82.370 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ), which lost 3.74% or 1.275 points to trade at 32.810 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 1.16% or 0.295 points to end at 25.100 and Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) shed 0.99% or 0.800 points to 80.170.
The top performers on the MDAX were K+S AG NA O.N. (DE: SDFGn ) which rose 4.46% to 20.750, STADA Arzneimittel VNA O.N. (DE: STAGn ) which was up 1.68% to settle at 78.000 and Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which gained 1.05% to close at 106.30.
The worst performers were Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was down 2.71% to 54.590 in late trade, Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which lost 2.07% to settle at 11.82 and RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which was down 1.63% to 65.920 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which rose 6.45% to 16.100, Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 2.04% to settle at 7.599 and Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which gained 1.62% to close at 30.71.
The worst performers were Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which was down 7.66% to 5.823 in late trade, GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which lost 2.27% to settle at 15.900 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 2.08% to 11.560 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 441 to 317 and 35 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 0.36% to 15.56.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.14% or 1.81 to $1292.81 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 1.07% or 0.51 to hit $48.34 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 1.16% or 0.60 to trade at $52.47 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.33% to 1.1800, while EUR/GBP rose 0.60% to 0.9227.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.22% at 93.21.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or