The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ), which rose 1.21% or 2.40 points to trade at 201.00 at the close. Allianz SE VNA O.N. (DE: ALVG ) added 0.98% or 1.82 points to end at 187.02 and Siemens AG Class N (DE: SIEGn ) was up 0.76% or 0.78 points to 103.52 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which lost 3.31% or 2.500 points to trade at 73.120 in late trade. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) declined 2.77% or 4.00 points to end at 140.20 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) shed 2.55% or 1.420 points to 54.360.
The top performers on the MDAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which rose 5.36% to 8.811, Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which was up 4.75% to settle at 54.050 and Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which gained 4.22% to close at 32.320.
The worst performers were Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which was down 14.00% to 17.7500 in late trade, Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which lost 13.04% to settle at 92.73 and RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which was down 7.47% to 52.000 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Corestate Capital Holding SA (DE: CCAG ) which rose 7.89% to 41.0000, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was up 6.87% to settle at 12.14 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which gained 4.14% to close at 9.498.
The worst performers were Heidelberger Druckmaschinen O.N. (DE: HDDG ) which was down 10.25% to 1.7950 in late trade, Wacker Neuson NA O.N. (DE: WACGn ) which lost 8.13% to settle at 19.660 and Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which was down 5.87% to 118.60 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 358 to 356 and 67 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 10.10% to 17.27.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.20% or 2.40 to $1223.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.88% or 0.54 to hit $61.13 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 1.19% or 0.86 to trade at $71.21 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.17% to 1.1408, while EUR/GBP unchanged 0.00% to 0.8704.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.37% at 96.16.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.