The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were SAP SE (DE: SAPG ), which rose 0.74% or 0.710 points to trade at 96.770 at the close. Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) added 0.55% or 0.470 points to end at 86.180 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) was up 0.38% or 0.110 points to 29.030 in late trade.
Biggest losers included RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which lost 4.43% or 0.800 points to trade at 17.270 in late trade. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) declined 2.93% or 1.950 points to end at 64.580 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) shed 1.89% or 1.880 points to 97.650.
The top performers on the MDAX were Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which rose 3.29% to 71.920, MTU Aero Engines NA O.N. (DE: MTXGn ) which was up 2.12% to settle at 151.40 and Fraport AG (DE: FRAG ) which gained 1.86% to close at 89.080.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 13.29% to 0.57 in late trade, Innogy SE (DE: IGY ) which lost 5.72% to settle at 32.195 and Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which was down 1.53% to 69.32 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which rose 5.40% to 22.530, Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 4.07% to settle at 12.520 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which gained 2.67% to close at 35.730.
The worst performers were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 5.85% to 14.095 in late trade, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which lost 1.89% to settle at 23.390 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 1.86% to 12.430 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 476 to 318 and 41 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 1.98% to 13.18.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.53% or 6.60 to $1255.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 0.25% or 0.14 to hit $56.74 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 0.51% or 0.32 to trade at $62.76 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.43% to 1.1775, while EUR/GBP fell 0.53% to 0.8768.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.32% at 93.70.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.