The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 1.88% or 2.900 points to trade at 156.900 at the close. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) added 1.43% or 0.300 points to end at 21.290 and Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) was up 1.32% or 1.850 points to 141.850 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ), which lost 3.15% or 1.500 points to trade at 46.190 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 2.30% or 0.365 points to end at 15.525 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) shed 1.84% or 0.340 points to 18.175.
The top performers on the MDAX were Metro AG (DE: CECG ) which rose 7.02% to 3.796, Hugo Boss AG NA O.N. (DE: BOSSn ) which was up 5.64% to settle at 62.160 and Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which gained 3.82% to close at 45.160.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 4.40% to 79.100 in late trade, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which lost 4.40% to settle at 110.800 and Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was down 3.66% to 26.040 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Metro AG ST O.N. (DE: CECG ) which rose 6.23% to 3.768, Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was up 3.82% to settle at 45.160 and Tele Columbus AG (DE: TC1n ) which gained 3.50% to close at 2.81.
The worst performers were Heidelberger Druckmaschinen O.N. (DE: HDDG ) which was down 5.27% to 1.7260 in late trade, Koenig & Bauer AG ST O.N. (DE: SKBG ) which lost 5.11% to settle at 39.700 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 4.35% to 17.170 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 437 to 267 and 72 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 3.03% to 17.71.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.01% or 0.15 to $1282.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 2.68% or 1.45 to hit $52.59 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 2.74% or 1.72 to trade at $61.02 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.04% to 1.1368, while EUR/GBP fell 0.49% to 0.8770.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.07% at 95.922.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.