The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ), which rose 2.49% or 2.20 points to trade at 90.72 at the close. Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) added 0.90% or 0.270 points to end at 30.180 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) was up 0.38% or 0.56 points to 149.32 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 1.94% or 0.255 points to trade at 12.895 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 1.91% or 0.143 points to end at 7.349 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) shed 1.31% or 0.60 points to 45.33.
The top performers on the MDAX were Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which rose 2.54% to 23.38, Airbus Group SE (DE: AIRG ) which was up 1.92% to settle at 120.94 and Knorr-Bremse AG (DE: KBX ) which gained 1.45% to close at 94.15.
The worst performers were Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which was down 3.92% to 13.7150 in late trade, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which lost 3.52% to settle at 32.880 and United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which was down 3.26% to 34.180 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which rose 2.32% to 30.4500, S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which was up 0.94% to settle at 23.58 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which gained 0.93% to close at 15.220.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 5.38% to 9.935 in late trade, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which lost 3.52% to settle at 32.880 and United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which was down 3.26% to 34.180 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 419 to 285 and 78 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 6.08% to 14.82.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.48% or 6.25 to $1301.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 2.19% or 1.38 to hit $64.46 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 1.08% or 0.76 to trade at $71.10 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.43% to 1.1262, while EUR/GBP rose 0.16% to 0.8619.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.38% at 96.632.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.