The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ), which rose 2.93% or 0.790 points to trade at 27.740 at the close. Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) added 1.03% or 1.000 points to end at 97.900 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) was up 1.01% or 1.80 points to 179.25 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ), which lost 2.84% or 4.85 points to trade at 165.90 in late trade. Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) declined 2.70% or 1.100 points to end at 39.600 and Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) shed 2.22% or 0.275 points to 12.090.
The top performers on the MDAX were Fraport AG (DE: FRAG ) which rose 3.77% to 88.130, Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which was up 2.62% to settle at 11.740 and Evonik Industries AG (DE: EVKn ) which gained 1.81% to close at 32.835.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 63.13% to 1.10 in late trade, Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which lost 2.67% to settle at 14.24 and Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which was down 1.92% to 60.300 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which rose 2.03% to 4.129, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was up 1.40% to settle at 7.631 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which gained 1.35% to close at 259.55.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 4.53% to 114.750 in late trade, Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which lost 3.85% to settle at 45.49 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 3.62% to 11.595 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 461 to 289 and 35 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 4.59% to 14.67.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.12% or 1.50 to $1266.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 2.46% or 1.42 to hit $56.20 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 2.12% or 1.33 to trade at $61.53 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.33% to 1.1786, while EUR/GBP rose 0.19% to 0.8814.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.36% at 93.61.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.