The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Linde PLC (DE: LINI ), which rose 2.97% or 4.050 points to trade at 140.500 at the close. Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) added 1.44% or 1.600 points to end at 112.800 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) was up 1.27% or 0.81 points to 64.58 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which lost 2.86% or 0.237 points to trade at 8.063 in late trade. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) declined 2.41% or 1.240 points to end at 50.120 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) shed 2.09% or 2.850 points to 133.450.
The top performers on the MDAX were MTU Aero Engines NA O.N. (DE: MTXGn ) which rose 4.38% to 183.60, Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was up 3.91% to settle at 48.080 and Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which gained 1.76% to close at 46.140.
The worst performers were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was down 4.46% to 27.40 in late trade, Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which lost 3.66% to settle at 32.14 and Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which was down 3.64% to 7.606 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Tele Columbus AG (DE: TC1n ) which rose 9.25% to 3.84, Heidelberger Druckmaschinen O.N. (DE: HDDG ) which was up 2.34% to settle at 1.8800 and HelloFresh SE (DE: HFGG ) which gained 2.03% to close at 9.05.
The worst performers were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 16.21% to 18.500 in late trade, Hapag Lloyd AG (DE: HLAG ) which lost 5.20% to settle at 28.4400 and Deutsche Beteiligungs AG O.N. (DE: DBANn ) which was down 4.64% to 33.900 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 408 to 305 and 67 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 0.20% to 19.67.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.24% or 3.00 to $1227.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 0.27% or 0.14 to hit $51.31 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 0.42% or 0.25 to trade at $59.66 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.61% to 1.1324, while EUR/GBP fell 0.49% to 0.8866.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.38% at 97.065.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.