The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which rose 3.54% or 0.309 points to trade at 9.035 at the close. Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) added 1.65% or 3.15 points to end at 193.75 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) was up 1.54% or 0.148 points to 9.753 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ), which lost 3.80% or 5.80 points to trade at 146.95 in late trade. Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) declined 3.41% or 2.420 points to end at 68.600 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) shed 3.31% or 0.700 points to 20.430.
The top performers on the MDAX were Hannover Rueck SE (DE: HNRGn ) which rose 1.56% to 123.90, Aareal Bank AG (DE: ARLG ) which was up 1.20% to settle at 36.380 and K+S AG NA O.N. (DE: SDFGn ) which gained 0.91% to close at 18.265.
The worst performers were Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was down 4.39% to 10.23 in late trade, Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which lost 3.63% to settle at 54.450 and Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which was down 3.38% to 71.550 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which rose 1.80% to 19.780, Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was up 0.31% to settle at 3.575 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which gained 0.26% to close at 57.750.
The worst performers were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 6.20% to 18.558 in late trade, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which lost 5.92% to settle at 107.300 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 4.56% to 87.950 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 434 to 275 and 71 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 5.19% to 16.22.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.08% or 1.00 to $1203.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 1.91% or 1.46 to hit $74.95 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 1.21% or 1.04 to trade at $85.25 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.24% to 1.1504, while EUR/GBP fell 0.33% to 0.8841.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.23% at 95.45.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.