The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ), which rose 1.93% or 0.570 points to trade at 30.050 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 0.71% or 0.125 points to end at 17.850 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) was up 0.53% or 0.60 points to 113.70 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which lost 4.17% or 1.270 points to trade at 29.150 in late trade. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) declined 1.28% or 0.52 points to end at 40.21 and Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) shed 1.24% or 1.180 points to 93.620.
The top performers on the MDAX were Hugo Boss AG NA O.N. (DE: BOSSn ) which rose 2.27% to 72.960, Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was up 1.63% to settle at 15.55 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) which gained 1.37% to close at 92.000.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 4.17% to 0.39 in late trade, Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which lost 3.25% to settle at 15.930 and Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which was down 1.80% to 13.080 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which rose 8.37% to 11.390, GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was up 2.50% to settle at 13.530 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which gained 1.63% to close at 13.110.
The worst performers were Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which was down 2.85% to 46.05 in late trade, Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which lost 2.73% to settle at 78.500 and S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which was down 2.42% to 20.200 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 399 to 316 and 104 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.45% to 12.05.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.44% or 5.90 to $1340.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 0.56% or 0.36 to hit $64.66 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.31% or 0.22 to trade at $70.09 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.61% to 1.2271, while EUR/GBP fell 0.02% to 0.8889.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.50% at 90.17.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.