The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which rose 2.86% or 1.15 points to trade at 41.30 at the close. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) added 1.72% or 0.335 points to end at 19.825 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) was up 0.98% or 0.175 points to 18.105 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which lost 2.71% or 1.200 points to trade at 43.020 in late trade. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) declined 2.05% or 2.65 points to end at 126.50 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) shed 1.89% or 2.74 points to 142.18.
The top performers on the MDAX were Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which rose 5.04% to 39.20, Deutsche Euroshop AG (DE: DEQGn ) which was up 1.87% to settle at 26.180 and Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which gained 1.70% to close at 41.990.
The worst performers were Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which was down 4.24% to 44.71 in late trade, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which lost 3.78% to settle at 38.680 and Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was down 3.46% to 114.300 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Rhoen Klinikum AG (DE: RHKG ) which rose 3.44% to 22.880, Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which was up 2.76% to settle at 13.030 and S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which gained 2.11% to close at 17.41.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 4.79% to 9.75 in late trade, Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which lost 4.52% to settle at 29.980 and Aumann AG (DE: AAGG ) which was down 3.73% to 32.2500 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 372 to 322 and 83 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.92% to 19.85 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.22% or 2.80 to $1290.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 1.56% or 0.82 to hit $51.77 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 1.59% or 0.98 to trade at $60.70 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.15% to 1.1481, while EUR/GBP fell 0.89% to 0.8937.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.04% at 95.157.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.