The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which rose 2.33% or 0.221 points to trade at 9.700 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 1.80% or 0.370 points to end at 20.920 and Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) was up 1.48% or 0.200 points to 13.740 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which lost 4.12% or 3.540 points to trade at 82.380 in late trade. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) declined 1.87% or 0.400 points to end at 20.940 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) shed 1.66% or 1.240 points to 73.500.
The top performers on the MDAX were Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which rose 1.20% to 47.30, Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was up 1.15% to settle at 28.14 and Hannover Rueck SE (DE: HNRGn ) which gained 1.03% to close at 107.90.
The worst performers were CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which was down 6.70% to 39.000 in late trade, Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which lost 4.06% to settle at 56.700 and Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which was down 4.01% to 30.200 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which rose 8.26% to 9.590, Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which was up 2.49% to settle at 23.450 and CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which gained 2.40% to close at 45.140.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 7.02% to 115.200 in late trade, Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which lost 4.88% to settle at 54.60 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was down 3.32% to 277.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 414 to 293 and 69 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 0.77% to 17.50.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.30% or 3.70 to $1257.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $74.14 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.23% or 0.18 to trade at $77.94 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.15% to 1.1641, while EUR/GBP fell 0.31% to 0.8807.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 94.38.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.