The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which rose 3.28% or 0.465 points to trade at 14.635 at the close. Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) added 0.80% or 0.095 points to end at 11.995 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) was up 0.76% or 0.29 points to 38.49 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which lost 2.12% or 0.520 points to trade at 23.965 in late trade. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) declined 1.92% or 1.360 points to end at 69.310 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) shed 1.66% or 0.485 points to 28.685.
The top performers on the MDAX were Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which rose 5.19% to 12.87, Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was up 2.38% to settle at 56.830 and Aareal Bank AG (DE: ARLG ) which gained 2.14% to close at 36.000.
The worst performers were Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which was down 4.38% to 58.120 in late trade, Gerresheimer AG (BS: GXId ) which lost 3.25% to settle at 66.480 and Fraport AG (DE: FRAG ) which was down 3.16% to 80.330 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 12.64% to 18.405, Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which was up 8.49% to settle at 154.55 and Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which gained 2.49% to close at 14.200.
The worst performers were Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was down 5.17% to 92.930 in late trade, Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which lost 3.98% to settle at 4.993 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was down 3.66% to 79.960 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 458 to 304 and 27 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.16% to 12.03.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.04% or 0.47 to $1277.77 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.20% or 0.11 to hit $54.41 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 0.15% or 0.09 to trade at $60.58 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.37% to 1.1662, while EUR/GBP rose 1.81% to 0.8931.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.11% at 94.60.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.