The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ), which rose 2.06% or 1.72 points to trade at 85.04 at the close. Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) added 0.97% or 0.760 points to end at 78.740 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) was up 0.91% or 0.95 points to 105.25 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 1.83% or 0.198 points to trade at 10.596 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 1.49% or 0.174 points to end at 11.470 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) shed 1.11% or 1.300 points to 115.400.
The top performers on the MDAX were K+S AG NA O.N. (DE: SDFGn ) which rose 5.64% to 25.575, Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which was up 2.27% to settle at 29.7200 and Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which gained 2.26% to close at 24.46.
The worst performers were Airbus Group SE (DE: AIRG ) which was down 2.45% to 97.02 in late trade, Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which lost 2.10% to settle at 60.650 and Axel Springer SE (DE: SPRGn ) which was down 1.92% to 66.250 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which rose 9.47% to 15.600, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was up 2.74% to settle at 12.930 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which gained 1.92% to close at 58.400.
The worst performers were Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which was down 6.89% to 95.900 in late trade, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which lost 4.86% to settle at 33.30 and GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was down 4.68% to 14.040 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 376 to 331 and 68 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 2.54% to 14.51.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.07% or 0.90 to $1319.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.42% or 0.30 to hit $71.00 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 1.24% or 0.96 to trade at $78.08 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.28% to 1.1974, while EUR/GBP fell 0.08% to 0.8811.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.22% at 92.24.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.