Germany shares lower at close of trade; DAX down 0.15%
Investing.com – Germany equities were lower at the close on Monday, as losses in the Technology , Food & Beverages and Retail sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX fell 0.15% to hit a new 1-month low, while the MDAX index fell 0.38%, and the TecDAX index declined 0.54%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which rose 2.44% or 0.580 points to trade at 24.330 at the close. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) added 1.84% or 0.850 points to end at 47.090 and Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) was up 1.81% or 1.240 points to 69.620 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which lost 2.88% or 1.71 points to trade at 57.59 in late trade. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) declined 2.31% or 0.445 points to end at 18.785 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) shed 1.46% or 0.690 points to 46.430.
The top performers on the MDAX were Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which rose 1.65% to 27.120, CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which was up 1.52% to settle at 41.380 and Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which gained 1.52% to close at 80.160.
The worst performers were Fraport AG (DE: FRAG ) which was down 7.08% to 67.760 in late trade, Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which lost 4.36% to settle at 13.3900 and Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which was down 4.33% to 33.16 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which rose 1.95% to 8.895, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was up 1.30% to settle at 77.650 and Qiagen NV (DE: QIA ) which gained 0.68% to close at 35.280.
The worst performers were S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which was down 4.72% to 21.40 in late trade, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which lost 3.45% to settle at 12.590 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was down 3.45% to 43.600 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 484 to 225 and 69 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 1.59% to 17.94.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.85% or 11.15 to $1329.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 0.10% or 0.06 to hit $58.98 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.25% or 0.17 to trade at $66.92 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.10% to 1.1323, while EUR/GBP rose 0.25% to 0.8590.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.18% at 95.980.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or