The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 2.77% or 3.850 points to trade at 143.000 at the close. Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) added 2.08% or 1.96 points to end at 96.16 and SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) was up 1.13% or 1.010 points to 90.480 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which lost 4.09% or 0.332 points to trade at 7.782 in late trade. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) declined 2.24% or 0.410 points to end at 17.920 and Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) shed 1.84% or 0.915 points to 48.935.
The top performers on the MDAX were GEA Group AG (DE: G1AG ) which rose 4.58% to 24.000, Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which was up 2.30% to settle at 45.86 and Scout24 AG (DE: G24n ) which gained 1.71% to close at 39.240.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 5.73% to 76.360 in late trade, Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which lost 5.06% to settle at 14.5350 and RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which was down 5.05% to 45.520 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which rose 5.06% to 13.900, Hornbach Holding VZO O.N. (DE: HBH ) which was up 3.62% to settle at 45.800 and Stabilus (DE: STAB ) which gained 2.47% to close at 62.20.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 11.17% to 0.12 in late trade, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which lost 4.34% to settle at 8.2000 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 4.27% to 16.820 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 361 to 322 and 93 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.71% to 17.14 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.20% or 2.55 to $1291.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 0.57% or 0.30 to hit $52.01 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract fell 0.26% or 0.16 to trade at $61.16 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.11% to 1.1384, while EUR/GBP fell 0.57% to 0.8794.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.11% at 95.787.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.