The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which rose 3.87% or 0.410 points to trade at 11.006 at the close. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) added 1.28% or 2.20 points to end at 173.54 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) was up 1.20% or 0.240 points to 20.230 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 6.06% or 1.410 points to trade at 21.840 in late trade. Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) declined 5.96% or 5.07 points to end at 79.97 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) shed 1.66% or 0.190 points to 11.280.
The top performers on the MDAX were Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which rose 1.98% to 86.340, Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was up 1.47% to settle at 51.22 and Hannover Rueck SE (DE: HNRGn ) which gained 1.16% to close at 113.80.
The worst performers were Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was down 3.74% to 74.120 in late trade, Metro Wholesale & Food Specialist AG (DE: B4B ) which lost 3.68% to settle at 11.2500 and Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was down 1.99% to 43.24 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which rose 9.41% to 9.696, Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was up 4.73% to settle at 110.700 and GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which gained 3.70% to close at 14.560.
The worst performers were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 4.42% to 18.830 in late trade, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which lost 2.55% to settle at 12.600 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 2.28% to 3.943 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 358 to 338 and 76 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.37% to 14.71.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 2.00% or 26.40 to $1291.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.34% or 0.24 to hit $70.72 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.66% or 0.52 to trade at $78.75 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.60% to 1.1856, while EUR/GBP fell 0.27% to 0.8776.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.52% at 93.03.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.