The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ), which rose 1.74% or 1.57 points to trade at 91.93 at the close. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) added 1.67% or 1.120 points to end at 68.350 and E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) was up 1.52% or 0.139 points to 9.258 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 1.60% or 0.175 points to trade at 10.750 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 1.39% or 0.200 points to end at 14.220 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) shed 1.29% or 0.46 points to 35.09.
The top performers on the MDAX were Aareal Bank AG (DE: ARLG ) which rose 1.38% to 34.835, Hannover Rueck SE (DE: HNRGn ) which was up 1.30% to settle at 105.10 and Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which gained 1.03% to close at 33.395.
The worst performers were Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which was down 1.87% to 34.570 in late trade, Innogy SE (DE: IGY ) which lost 1.80% to settle at 36.220 and Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which was down 1.79% to 13.750 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which rose 2.12% to 16.625, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was up 1.79% to settle at 34.115 and S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which gained 0.73% to close at 16.570.
The worst performers were Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which was down 5.39% to 30.00 in late trade, Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which lost 3.53% to settle at 6.800 and Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which was down 2.43% to 6.469 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 552 to 218 and 18 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.92% to 17.48.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.28% or 3.62 to $1293.72 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.41% or 0.20 to hit $48.39 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 0.39% or 0.20 to trade at $51.70 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.37% to 1.1815, while EUR/GBP rose 0.13% to 0.9084.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.29% at 93.03.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.