Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.68%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Monday, as gains in the Consumer & Cyclical , Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare and Construction sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX gained 0.68% to hit a new 3-month high, while the MDAX index climbed 0.33%, and the TecDAX index gained 0.23%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Bay.Motoren Werke AG ST (DE: BMWG ), which rose 2.60% or 2.040 points to trade at 80.410 at the close. Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) added 2.43% or 0.202 points to end at 8.525 and Adidas AG NA O.N. (DE: ADSGN ) was up 2.06% or 2.150 points to 106.500 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Lufthansa AG VNA O.N. (DE: LHAG ), which lost 1.83% or 0.260 points to trade at 13.935 in late trade. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) declined 1.32% or 0.160 points to end at 11.970 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) shed 1.12% or 0.140 points to 12.380.
The top performers on the MDAX were Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which rose 2.82% to 33.97, Duerr AG O.N. (DE: DUEG ) which was up 2.42% to settle at 67.390 and Osram Licht AG (F: OSRn ) which gained 1.79% to close at 47.368.
The worst performers were Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was down 1.41% to 43.620 in late trade, Deutsche Euroshop AG O.N. (DE: DEQGn ) which lost 1.21% to settle at 40.510 and Alstria Office Reit-Ag (DE: AOXG ) which was down 0.97% to 12.220 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were STRATEC Biomedical AG (DE: SBSG ) which rose 7.41% to 48.120, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was up 3.76% to settle at 51.310 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which gained 2.69% to close at 49.290.
The worst performers were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 3.26% to 33.125 in late trade, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which lost 2.97% to settle at 4.403 and RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 2.38% to 9.165 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 529 to 353 and 31 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 1.47% to 19.35.
In commodities trading, Gold for June delivery was up 0.06% or 0.70 to $1235.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 1.05% or 0.44 to hit $41.27 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 0.19% or 0.08 to trade at $43.02 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.31% to 1.1319, while EUR/GBP fell 0.21% to 0.7927.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.25% at 94.44.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or