The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which rose 2.51% or 0.265 points to trade at 10.820 at the close. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) added 2.44% or 0.390 points to end at 16.400 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) was up 1.52% or 1.390 points to 92.850 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ), which lost 1.75% or 0.585 points to trade at 32.810 in late trade. Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) declined 1.32% or 1.80 points to end at 134.05 and Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ) shed 0.71% or 1.20 points to 168.70.
The top performers on the MDAX were Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which rose 7.11% to 35.095, Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which was up 3.59% to settle at 11.38 and Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which gained 2.78% to close at 73.490.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 1.53% to 4.43 in late trade, Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) which lost 0.92% to settle at 64.710 and Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which was down 0.92% to 51.950 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which rose 3.36% to 14.906, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was up 2.67% to settle at 12.100 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which gained 2.66% to close at 12.165.
The worst performers were Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was down 3.46% to 80.610 in late trade, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which lost 2.29% to settle at 37.950 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 1.37% to 4.462 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 466 to 288 and 33 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 8.03% to 13.80.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.25% or 3.16 to $1251.14 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 3.11% or 1.44 to hit $47.78 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 2.90% or 1.41 to trade at $50.01 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.13% to 1.1658, while EUR/GBP rose 0.02% to 0.8939.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 93.81.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.