Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.41%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Telecoms , Basic Resources and Insurance sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX gained 0.41%, while the MDAX index climbed 0.07%, and the TecDAX index climbed 0.26%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which rose 3.31% or 0.199 points to trade at 6.211 at the close. Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) added 1.97% or 0.285 points to end at 14.785 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) was up 1.34% or 0.200 points to 15.155 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which lost 1.37% or 0.47 points to trade at 33.75 in late trade. Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG ) declined 0.99% or 1.200 points to end at 120.250 and Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ) shed 0.69% or 1.000 points to 143.800.
The top performers on the MDAX were Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) which rose 3.45% to 47.585, Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which was up 2.69% to settle at 83.650 and Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which gained 1.72% to close at 49.150.
The worst performers were Kuka AG (DE: KU2G ) which was down 2.11% to 86.000 in late trade, LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which lost 1.79% to settle at 85.560 and Deutsche Euroshop AG (DE: DEQGn ) which was down 1.65% to 40.280 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which rose 6.32% to 3.700, Suess Microtec NA O.N. (DE: SMHNn ) which was up 4.40% to settle at 6.528 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which gained 2.50% to close at 4.791.
The worst performers were Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which was down 4.80% to 15.850 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 1.49% to settle at 28.140 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was down 1.37% to 34.275 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 497 to 361 and 18 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.74% to 18.34.
In commodities trading, Gold for December delivery was up 1.01% or 13.35 to $1331.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 2.61% or 1.15 to hit $45.20 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 2.01% or 0.92 to trade at $46.80 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.09% to 1.1161, while EUR/GBP rose 0.19% to 0.8600.
The US Dollar Index was down 0.22% at 95.76.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or