The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 4.79% or 6.850 points to trade at 149.850 at the close. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) added 4.47% or 5.75 points to end at 134.50 and BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ) was up 4.13% or 2.600 points to 65.600 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ), which added 0.27% or 0.240 points to trade at 88.340 in late trade. Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) added 0.56% or 0.50 points to end at 90.50 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) gained 0.89% or 0.86 points to 97.02.
The top performers on the MDAX were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which rose 5.20% to 109.200, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was up 4.95% to settle at 80.140 and Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which gained 4.77% to close at 89.56.
The worst performers were Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 0.68% to 101.6000 in late trade, Deutsche Euroshop AG (DE: DEQGn ) which lost 0.23% to settle at 25.700 and Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which was down 0.06% to 32.94 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were HelloFresh SE (DE: HFGG ) which rose 21.45% to 8.78, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was up 15.07% to settle at 10.08 and S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which gained 7.50% to close at 18.78.
The worst performers were Kloeckner & Co SE NA (DE: KCOGn ) which was down 3.92% to 6.1350 in late trade, Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which lost 1.58% to settle at 49.260 and TLG Immobilien AG (DE: TLGG ) which was down 1.31% to 25.66 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 582 to 112 and 81 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 5.48% to 16.20 a new 3-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.78% or 10.05 to $1282.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 2.92% or 1.52 to hit $53.59 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 2.26% or 1.38 to trade at $62.56 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.31% to 1.1360, while EUR/GBP rose 0.40% to 0.8807.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.31% at 96.012.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.