The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ), which rose 4.89% or 2.380 points to trade at 51.080 at the close. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) added 4.63% or 0.342 points to end at 7.722 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) was up 4.00% or 2.62 points to 68.17 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 2.30% or 2.350 points to trade at 99.900 in late trade. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) declined 0.40% or 0.090 points to end at 22.340 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) shed 0.30% or 0.040 points to 13.260.
The top performers on the MDAX were Scout24 AG (DE: G24n ) which rose 10.90% to 46.000, United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which was up 6.86% to settle at 32.870 and Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which gained 5.52% to close at 6.666.
The worst performers were Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which was down 2.12% to 62.200 in late trade, Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which lost 1.88% to settle at 442.50 and Metro AG (DE: CECG ) which was down 1.25% to 4.800 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Zooplus AG (DE: ZO1G ) which rose 4.35% to 117.50, Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was unchanged 3.21% to settle at 0.11 and Deutz AG (DE: DEZG ) which gained 3.42% to close at 6.795.
The worst performers were Tele Columbus AG (DE: TC1n ) which was down 8.47% to 1.86 in late trade, Aumann AG (DE: AAGG ) which lost 1.77% to settle at 27.7000 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 1.63% to 10.235 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 484 to 213 and 81 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 4.45% to 16.95.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.48% or 6.25 to $1320.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 2.22% or 1.21 to hit $55.62 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 2.26% or 1.46 to trade at $66.03 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.23% to 1.1274, while EUR/GBP fell 0.58% to 0.8763.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.10% at 96.903.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.