The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 5.19% or 6.925 points to trade at 140.375 at the close. Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) added 4.78% or 3.450 points to end at 75.660 and Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) was up 4.54% or 2.255 points to 51.950 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which lost 3.13% or 1.34 points to trade at 41.43 in late trade. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) declined 1.35% or 0.290 points to end at 21.210 and Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) shed 0.83% or 0.780 points to 93.760.
The top performers on the MDAX were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which rose 8.12% to 86.280, Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which was up 6.80% to settle at 87.360 and Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which gained 5.52% to close at 38.60.
The worst performers were LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which was down 2.35% to 99.160 in late trade, Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which lost 2.22% to settle at 41.400 and Grand City Properties SA (DE: GYC ) which was down 2.21% to 20.34 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Wacker Neuson NA O.N. (DE: WACGn ) which rose 7.16% to 18.850, Aumann AG (DE: AAGG ) which was up 5.72% to settle at 41.6000 and SGL Carbon SE (DE: SGCG ) which gained 5.30% to close at 9.340.
The worst performers were Shop Apotheke Europe NV (DE: SAEG ) which was down 4.18% to 39.000 in late trade, Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which lost 4.01% to settle at 75.450 and ADO Properties SARL (DE: ADJ ) which was down 2.88% to 46.60 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 513 to 207 and 61 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 7.73% to 18.15.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 1.10% or 13.50 to $1239.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 3.12% or 1.59 to hit $52.52 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 2.74% or 1.63 to trade at $61.09 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.37% to 1.1359, while EUR/GBP rose 0.45% to 0.8911.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.39% at 96.817.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.