The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ), which rose 4.78% or 7.45 points to trade at 163.35 at the close. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) added 4.17% or 0.980 points to end at 24.485 and Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) was up 2.99% or 0.820 points to 28.220 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ), which lost 2.59% or 0.775 points to trade at 29.170 in late trade. Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) declined 1.85% or 0.290 points to end at 15.350 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) shed 1.75% or 3.35 points to 187.70.
The top performers on the MDAX were Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which rose 4.06% to 60.780, Brenntag AG (DE: BNRGn ) which was up 3.30% to settle at 50.220 and Bilfinger SE O.N. (DE: GBFG ) which gained 3.17% to close at 35.635.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was down 3.59% to 3.68 in late trade, Hugo Boss AG NA O.N. (DE: BOSSn ) which lost 2.17% to settle at 75.170 and Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was down 1.47% to 42.33 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which rose 8.31% to 83.000, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was up 5.38% to settle at 41.935 and Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which gained 3.40% to close at 13.855.
The worst performers were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 9.30% to 16.340 in late trade, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which lost 3.36% to settle at 20.425 and Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which was down 2.44% to 5.200 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 502 to 255 and 28 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.77% to 11.89.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.62% or 7.86 to $1278.36 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $54.38 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.39% or 0.24 to trade at $60.70 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.18% to 1.1625, while EUR/GBP fell 0.05% to 0.8764.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.19% at 94.63.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.