The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 7.34% or 9.025 points to trade at 131.975 at the close. Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) added 3.68% or 2.360 points to end at 66.440 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) was up 3.55% or 1.730 points to 50.520 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which lost 0.64% or 0.125 points to trade at 19.275 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 0.23% or 0.035 points to end at 15.520 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) gained 0.17% or 0.200 points to 115.800.
The top performers on the MDAX were Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which rose 6.49% to 34.48, Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which was up 5.78% to settle at 75.000 and Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which gained 4.30% to close at 34.200.
The worst performers were Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was down 8.71% to 24.110 in late trade, Deutsche Euroshop AG (DE: DEQGn ) which lost 1.46% to settle at 27.020 and Grand City Properties SA (DE: GYC ) which was down 1.18% to 21.70 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which rose 0.00% to 0.12, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 4.82% to settle at 9.3940 and Bertrandt AG (DE: BDTG ) which gained 4.14% to close at 77.900.
The worst performers were Stabilus (DE: STAB ) which was down 2.92% to 47.24 in late trade, Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which lost 1.80% to settle at 119.80 and Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was down 1.20% to 28.85 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 500 to 207 and 75 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 4.35% to 15.38 a new 3-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.11% or 1.45 to $1317.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 1.21% or 0.66 to hit $53.90 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.43% or 0.27 to trade at $62.24 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.28% to 1.1403, while EUR/GBP rose 0.40% to 0.8807.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.28% at 95.833.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.