The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 4.32% or 5.500 points to trade at 132.800 at the close. Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) added 3.40% or 4.550 points to end at 138.550 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) was up 3.39% or 0.570 points to 17.365 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which lost 0.74% or 0.420 points to trade at 56.640 in late trade. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) declined 0.28% or 0.11 points to end at 39.59 and Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) gained 0.59% or 0.115 points to 19.700.
The top performers on the MDAX were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which rose 5.52% to 72.200, Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which was up 4.42% to settle at 5.783 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which gained 4.39% to close at 17.365.
The worst performers were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was down 2.14% to 22.44 in late trade, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which lost 2.07% to settle at 108.900 and Metro AG (DE: CECG ) which was down 1.47% to 3.146 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Heidelberger Druckmaschinen O.N. (DE: HDDG ) which rose 6.78% to 1.5910, Sixt AG ST O.N. (DE: SIXG ) which was up 6.63% to settle at 69.200 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which gained 5.79% to close at 237.50.
The worst performers were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was down 2.61% to 24.30 in late trade, Hornbach Holding VZO O.N. (DE: HBH ) which lost 1.67% to settle at 41.200 and Metro AG ST O.N. (DE: CECG ) which was down 1.47% to 3.146 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 592 to 133 and 49 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 7.66% to 23.39.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.04% or 0.45 to $1281.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 1.30% or 0.58 to hit $45.19 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.49% or 0.26 to trade at $52.99 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.13% to 1.1444, while EUR/GBP fell 0.35% to 0.9009.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.09% at 95.917.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.