The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which rose 4.39% or 0.828 points to trade at 19.676 at the close. Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) added 3.64% or 1.860 points to end at 53.020 and BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ) was up 3.26% or 2.190 points to 69.370 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ), which lost 0.20% or 0.20 points to trade at 101.10 in late trade. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) declined 0.17% or 0.160 points to end at 93.060 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) gained 0.09% or 0.100 points to 108.100.
The top performers on the MDAX were United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which rose 6.21% to 35.580, Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was up 6.04% to settle at 81.29 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which gained 5.62% to close at 13.7150.
The worst performers were Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which was down 1.16% to 42.430 in late trade, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which lost 1.01% to settle at 73.850 and Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which was down 0.46% to 21.760 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which rose 6.21% to 35.580, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was up 5.79% to settle at 20.280 and Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which gained 5.26% to close at 34.000.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 3.37% to 9.47 in late trade, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which lost 1.01% to settle at 73.850 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was up 0.09% to 108.100 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 498 to 195 and 86 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.56% to 14.37.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.01% or 0.15 to $1295.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 0.38% or 0.24 to hit $62.34 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 0.53% or 0.37 to trade at $69.00 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.39% to 1.1246, while EUR/GBP rose 0.09% to 0.8536.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.35% at 96.583.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.