Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 1.46%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Chemicals , Industrials and Construction sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX added 1.46%, while the MDAX index climbed 1.35%, and the TecDAX index climbed 0.98%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ), which rose 3.07% or 5.55 points to trade at 186.05 at the close. Siemens AG Class N (DE: SIEGn ) added 2.73% or 3.18 points to end at 119.66 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) was up 2.65% or 0.422 points to 16.332 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which lost 0.58% or 0.180 points to trade at 30.720 in late trade. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) declined 0.19% or 0.08 points to end at 41.75 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) shed 0.18% or 0.16 points to 90.70.
The top performers on the MDAX were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which rose 21.91% to 0.56, CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which was up 2.96% to settle at 39.660 and Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which gained 2.68% to close at 40.620.
The worst performers were STADA Arzneimittel VNA O.N. (DE: STAGn ) which was down 1.12% to 88.460 in late trade, Deutsche Euroshop AG (DE: DEQGn ) which lost 1.06% to settle at 33.540 and Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was down 0.82% to 48.470 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which rose 11.61% to 6.875, Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 5.21% to settle at 13.325 and Slm Solution G (DE: AM3D ) which gained 4.26% to close at 49.00.
The worst performers were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was down 2.42% to 26.640 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 1.34% to settle at 38.180 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 1.31% to 12.820 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 530 to 215 and 72 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.19% to 12.23.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.10% or 1.30 to $1319.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 0.70% or 0.43 to hit $62.06 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.21% or 0.14 to trade at $67.98 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.40% to 1.2064, while EUR/GBP rose 0.24% to 0.8911.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.24% at 91.67.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or