Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 1.38%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare and Industrials sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX added 1.38%, while the MDAX index gained 1.81%, and the TecDAX index climbed 1.63%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which rose 6.80% or 2.695 points to trade at 42.355 at the close. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) added 6.10% or 0.453 points to end at 7.883 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) was up 3.19% or 0.595 points to 19.225 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ), which lost 1.04% or 1.150 points to trade at 109.400 in late trade. Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) declined 0.92% or 1.300 points to end at 140.500 and Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) shed 0.16% or 0.040 points to 25.240.
The top performers on the MDAX were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which rose 7.55% to 77.500, Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was up 6.01% to settle at 32.120 and Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which gained 5.85% to close at 79.300.
The worst performers were Hugo Boss AG NA O.N. (DE: BOSSn ) which was down 2.95% to 57.300 in late trade, Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which lost 2.57% to settle at 25.45 and Axel Springer SE (DE: SPRGn ) which was down 1.54% to 51.200 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which rose 19.29% to 0.12, Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was up 7.46% to settle at 245.00 and SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which gained 7.12% to close at 11.14.
The worst performers were DWS Group GmbH & Co KgaA (DE: DWSG ) which was down 0.68% to 24.21 in late trade, Krones AG O.N. (DE: KRNG ) which lost 0.54% to settle at 74.100 and Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which was down 0.49% to 12.310 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 545 to 172 and 56 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 4.73% to 20.73.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.27% or 3.40 to $1250.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 0.79% or 0.41 to hit $52.06 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 1.01% or 0.61 to trade at $60.81 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.42% to 1.1364, while EUR/GBP fell 0.90% to 0.8981.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.36% at 97.007.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or