The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which rose 6.07% or 0.742 points to trade at 12.967 at the close. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) added 5.57% or 7.47 points to end at 141.47 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) was up 4.64% or 0.821 points to 18.506 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 1.92% or 2.150 points to trade at 109.550 in late trade. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) declined 1.00% or 0.240 points to end at 23.660 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) shed 0.89% or 0.90 points to 100.75.
The top performers on the MDAX were Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which rose 7.30% to 42.06, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was up 6.03% to settle at 83.380 and Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which gained 5.84% to close at 49.31.
The worst performers were Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which was down 0.89% to 60.950 in late trade, Fraport AG (DE: FRAG ) which lost 0.73% to settle at 67.740 and Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which was down 0.53% to 43.000 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which rose 6.03% to 83.380, Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was up 5.83% to settle at 326.50 and Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which gained 5.47% to close at 35.12.
The worst performers were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was down 1.92% to 109.550 in late trade, SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) which unchanged 0.00% to settle at 103.000 and Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which was up 0.13% to 30.190 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 513 to 208 and 58 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.82% to 15.09.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.25% or 3.30 to $1295.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 2.29% or 1.38 to hit $61.52 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 2.15% or 1.45 to trade at $69.03 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.09% to 1.1205, while EUR/GBP fell 0.85% to 0.8540.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.01% at 96.857.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.