The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which rose 4.15% or 0.695 points to trade at 17.460 at the close. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) added 4.07% or 0.800 points to end at 20.450 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) was up 3.49% or 5.300 points to 157.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which lost 2.87% or 1.97 points to trade at 66.64 in late trade. Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) declined 1.50% or 2.150 points to end at 140.800 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) shed 0.80% or 0.420 points to 52.040.
The top performers on the MDAX were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which rose 5.51% to 81.600, Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was up 4.50% to settle at 8.41 and Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which gained 4.17% to close at 78.000.
The worst performers were Aareal Bank AG (DE: ARLG ) which was down 4.95% to 30.900 in late trade, Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which lost 4.13% to settle at 33.46 and Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which was down 2.76% to 25.320 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Hamburger Hafen Und Logistik A-SP (DE: HHFGn ) which rose 8.02% to 20.200, Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was up 7.51% to settle at 38.65 and Deutz AG (DE: DEZG ) which gained 7.45% to close at 6.850.
The worst performers were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 16.83% to 7.968 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 6.38% to settle at 18.190 and HelloFresh SE (DE: HFGG ) which was down 4.61% to 10.55 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 401 to 291 and 87 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 10.19% to 18.93.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.15% or 1.80 to $1203.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 4.27% or 2.56 to hit $57.37 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 4.22% or 2.96 to trade at $67.16 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.59% to 1.1285, while EUR/GBP fell 0.82% to 0.8658.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.42% at 96.97.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.