Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 1.25%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Monday, as gains in the Technology , Media and Food & Beverages sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX added 1.25%, while the MDAX index climbed 1.33%, and the TecDAX index climbed 2.17%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which rose 6.26% or 1.010 points to trade at 17.150 at the close. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) added 5.62% or 7.65 points to end at 143.75 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) was up 4.68% or 6.40 points to 143.28 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 3.30% or 5.450 points to trade at 159.750 in late trade. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) declined 1.28% or 0.52 points to end at 40.26 and SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) shed 0.49% or 0.455 points to 92.535.
The top performers on the MDAX were Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which rose 9.28% to 9.45, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was up 8.61% to settle at 38.080 and Hella KGaA Hueck & Co (DE: HLE ) which gained 5.88% to close at 40.72.
The worst performers were Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which was down 1.12% to 40.520 in late trade, Deutsche Euroshop AG (DE: DEQGn ) which lost 1.24% to settle at 27.160 and Qiagen NV (DE: QIA ) which was down 0.90% to 29.7100 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which rose 8.90% to 36.480, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was up 8.25% to settle at 19.820 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) which gained 6.26% to close at 17.150.
The worst performers were Steinhoff International Holdings NV (DE: SNHG ) which was unchanged 2.84% to 0.12 in late trade, Shop Apotheke Europe NV (DE: SAEG ) which lost 2.51% to settle at 42.700 and HelloFresh SE (DE: HFGG ) which was down 0.66% to 10.61 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 527 to 176 and 25 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 12.38% to 23.79 a new 6-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to $1232.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.84% or 0.57 to hit $67.02 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.45% or 0.35 to trade at $77.27 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.06% to 1.1395, while EUR/GBP rose 0.12% to 0.8899.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.20% at 96.32.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or