The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 3.54% or 3.800 points to trade at 111.100 at the close. Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) added 3.44% or 1.760 points to end at 52.860 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) was up 2.45% or 1.67 points to 69.70 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which lost 1.45% or 0.118 points to trade at 8.022 in late trade. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) declined 0.75% or 0.170 points to end at 22.380 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) shed 0.16% or 0.14 points to 89.00.
The top performers on the MDAX were Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which rose 5.89% to 81.850, Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which was up 3.55% to settle at 27.400 and Lanxess AG (DE: LXSG ) which gained 3.36% to close at 51.420.
The worst performers were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which was down 3.28% to 7.411 in late trade, Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which lost 1.19% to settle at 34.780 and Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was down 0.74% to 86.36 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which rose 5.89% to 81.850, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 5.30% to settle at 8.3100 and CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which gained 4.54% to close at 54.100.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 1.56% to 6.30 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 0.52% to settle at 23.080 and Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which was down 0.38% to 31.100 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 502 to 220 and 59 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.42% to 13.33 a new 6-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.45% or 5.85 to $1307.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 0.32% or 0.19 to hit $59.19 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.01% or 0.01 to trade at $67.53 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.15% to 1.1354, while EUR/GBP rose 0.06% to 0.8555.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.17% at 95.817.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.