The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which rose 3.32% or 0.218 points to trade at 6.780 at the close. SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) added 2.34% or 2.760 points to end at 120.760 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) was up 2.19% or 1.84 points to 86.02 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ), which lost 0.82% or 0.76 points to trade at 91.96 in late trade. Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) declined 0.50% or 0.750 points to end at 148.050 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) shed 0.42% or 0.200 points to 47.680.
The top performers on the MDAX were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which rose 7.48% to 52.950, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was up 4.76% to settle at 35.460 and Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which gained 3.67% to close at 27.100.
The worst performers were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was down 2.03% to 28.96 in late trade, Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which lost 1.09% to settle at 29.970 and RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which was down 0.35% to 45.040 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which rose 12.59% to 12.70, Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was up 7.48% to settle at 52.950 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which gained 7.03% to close at 25.580.
The worst performers were S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which was down 2.38% to 20.48 in late trade, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which lost 1.30% to settle at 12.120 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 1.13% to 7.425 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 489 to 198 and 91 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.80% to 14.69.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.10% or 1.45 to $1413.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.25% or 0.15 to hit $59.28 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.21% or 0.14 to trade at $65.53 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.05% to 1.1362, while EUR/GBP fell 0.22% to 0.8948.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.03% at 95.770.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.