The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ), which rose 7.51% or 9.72 points to trade at 139.17 at the close. Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) added 3.58% or 1.980 points to end at 57.360 and Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) was up 3.13% or 6.30 points to 207.30 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which lost 2.99% or 2.04 points to trade at 66.23 in late trade. Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) declined 2.32% or 2.600 points to end at 109.400 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) shed 1.63% or 1.46 points to 88.26.
The top performers on the MDAX were Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which rose 12.93% to 46.65, Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which was up 9.96% to settle at 444.25 and Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which gained 5.45% to close at 29.000.
The worst performers were RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which was down 5.71% to 56.150 in late trade, Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which lost 4.89% to settle at 80.14 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which was down 2.52% to 19.9250 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which rose 8.03% to 27.700, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 6.54% to settle at 8.3100 and Takkt AG O.N. (DE: TTKG ) which gained 5.26% to close at 14.000.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 2.89% to 14.76 in late trade, Heidelberger Druckmaschinen O.N. (DE: HDDG ) which lost 2.06% to settle at 1.9500 and Kloeckner & Co SE NA (DE: KCOGn ) which was down 2.02% to 7.2800 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 407 to 303 and 67 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 2.60% to 22.12 a new 6-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.36% or 4.40 to $1232.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.60% or 0.40 to hit $67.22 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.42% or 0.32 to trade at $76.49 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.21% to 1.1368, while EUR/GBP rose 0.29% to 0.8869.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.26% at 96.43.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.