The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which rose 4.18% or 0.650 points to trade at 16.200 at the close. Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) added 3.24% or 4.800 points to end at 152.850 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) was up 2.81% or 3.500 points to 127.900 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ), which lost 0.69% or 0.88 points to trade at 127.34 in late trade. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) declined 0.60% or 0.090 points to end at 14.980 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) shed 0.37% or 0.025 points to 6.755.
The top performers on the MDAX were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which rose 5.85% to 56.050, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was up 4.06% to settle at 36.900 and Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which gained 3.97% to close at 31.160.
The worst performers were Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was down 2.92% to 24.62 in late trade, Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which lost 2.34% to settle at 14.195 and Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was down 1.89% to 64.800 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which rose 5.85% to 56.050, Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) which was up 4.18% to settle at 16.200 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which gained 4.06% to close at 36.9000.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 4.57% to 12.12 in late trade, Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which lost 1.41% to settle at 7.320 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was down 1.20% to 371.00 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 476 to 215 and 62 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 7.83% to 13.54 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 1.71% or 24.15 to $1389.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.03% or 0.02 to hit $58.45 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.28% or 0.18 to trade at $64.56 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.68% to 1.1291, while EUR/GBP fell 0.26% to 0.8933.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.72% at 96.357.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.