Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.93%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Technology and Construction sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX gained 0.93%, while the MDAX index gained 1.41%, and the TecDAX index added 1.25%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which rose 4.84% or 0.565 points to trade at 12.235 at the close. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) added 3.67% or 0.219 points to end at 6.185 and Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) was up 3.38% or 4.20 points to 128.40 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ), which lost 1.13% or 3.00 points to trade at 262.25 in late trade. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) declined 0.83% or 0.195 points to end at 23.275 and Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) shed 0.44% or 0.068 points to 15.320.
The top performers on the MDAX were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which rose 4.82% to 26.32, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was up 4.52% to settle at 63.800 and Lanxess AG (DE: LXSG ) which gained 4.25% to close at 48.270.
The worst performers were Puma SE (DE: PUMG ) which was down 90.24% to 54.38 in late trade, Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which lost 8.25% to settle at 11.01 and Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was down 1.09% to 24.57 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which rose 5.79% to 23.760, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was up 4.52% to settle at 63.800 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which gained 4.15% to close at 31.3500.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 6.48% to 10.10 in late trade, Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which lost 0.63% to settle at 2.542 and Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) which was down 0.44% to 15.320 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 493 to 226 and 54 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 1.55% to 15.21 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.13% or 1.75 to $1331.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.23% or 0.12 to hit $53.38 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 0.02% or 0.01 to trade at $62.30 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.12% to 1.1326, while EUR/GBP fell 0.13% to 0.8904.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.03% at 96.683.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or