The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ), which rose 3.12% or 2.120 points to trade at 70.000 at the close. Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ) added 2.94% or 1.550 points to end at 54.300 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) was up 2.60% or 0.590 points to 23.320 in late trade.
Biggest losers included E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which lost 5.65% or 0.545 points to trade at 9.095 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 4.95% or 0.630 points to end at 12.110 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) shed 1.13% or 1.04 points to 91.10.
The top performers on the MDAX were Lanxess AG (DE: LXSG ) which rose 3.32% to 47.250, LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which was up 3.06% to settle at 111.000 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which gained 2.62% to close at 34.460.
The worst performers were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was down 11.35% to 27.800 in late trade, Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which lost 11.12% to settle at 15.220 and United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which was down 6.29% to 31.610 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which rose 4.46% to 9.14, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was up 3.26% to settle at 13.600 and Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which gained 3.03% to close at 10.5500.
The worst performers were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was down 11.35% to 27.800 in late trade, United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which lost 6.29% to settle at 31.610 and Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which was down 1.45% to 20.350 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 405 to 285 and 88 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 4.22% to 17.04.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.16% or 2.05 to $1298.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.34% or 0.21 to hit $61.99 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.81% or 0.58 to trade at $71.82 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.03% to 1.1206, while EUR/GBP rose 0.36% to 0.8716.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.02% at 97.343.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.