The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 6.19% or 7.650 points to trade at 131.300 at the close. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) added 4.96% or 0.381 points to end at 8.060 and Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) was up 2.18% or 2.08 points to 97.42 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which lost 1.57% or 1.09 points to trade at 68.40 in late trade. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) declined 1.30% or 1.120 points to end at 85.000 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) shed 0.53% or 0.600 points to 113.100.
The top performers on the MDAX were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which rose 7.15% to 7.104, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was up 3.39% to settle at 143.200 and RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which gained 2.94% to close at 49.680.
The worst performers were Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which was down 1.39% to 21.300 in late trade, Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which lost 1.28% to settle at 26.120 and Axel Springer SE (DE: SPRGn ) which was down 1.22% to 46.920 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which rose 6.19% to 131.300, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was up 4.27% to settle at 22.960 and S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which gained 4.20% to close at 21.82.
The worst performers were Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was down 1.32% to 298.50 in late trade, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which lost 0.99% to settle at 35.960 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was down 0.74% to 45.880 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 502 to 206 and 75 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 1.89% to 15.03.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.58% or 7.50 to $1291.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 1.12% or 0.63 to hit $56.70 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 1.06% or 0.70 to trade at $66.44 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.04% to 1.1242, while EUR/GBP fell 0.87% to 0.8556.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.10% at 97.175.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.