The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which rose 2.32% or 0.520 points to trade at 22.970 at the close. Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) added 2.21% or 1.800 points to end at 83.360 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) was up 2.17% or 3.28 points to 154.18 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Linde PLC (DE: LINI ), which lost 1.34% or 2.050 points to trade at 150.750 in late trade. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) declined 1.21% or 0.600 points to end at 48.830 and Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) shed 0.09% or 0.04 points to 42.60.
The top performers on the MDAX were Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which rose 9.90% to 103.350, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was up 4.74% to settle at 21.640 and Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which gained 4.59% to close at 19.3650.
The worst performers were Aroundtown Property Holdings PLC (DE: AT1 ) which was down 1.15% to 7.315 in late trade, Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which lost 0.83% to settle at 47.970 and Innogy SE (DE: IGY ) which was down 0.81% to 40.310 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 4.74% to 21.640, Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which was up 4.59% to settle at 19.365 and Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which gained 3.91% to close at 78.350.
The worst performers were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was down 2.16% to 36.25 in late trade, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which lost 1.40% to settle at 7.7480 and SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 1.38% to 22.800 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 477 to 231 and 68 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.56% to 15.22 a new 3-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 1.20% or 15.85 to $1300.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 2.29% or 1.31 to hit $55.91 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 2.10% or 1.39 to trade at $64.92 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.04% to 1.1366, while EUR/GBP rose 0.39% to 0.8605.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.33% at 96.363.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.