The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ), which rose 2.76% or 1.19 points to trade at 44.31 at the close. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) added 2.67% or 0.180 points to end at 6.932 and Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) was up 1.96% or 1.280 points to 66.610 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ), which lost 1.60% or 2.00 points to trade at 122.90 in late trade. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) declined 0.89% or 0.144 points to end at 15.972 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) shed 0.73% or 0.320 points to 43.810.
The top performers on the MDAX were Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which rose 11.51% to 32.25, Stroeer SE (DE: SAXG ) which was up 6.12% to settle at 68.500 and Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which gained 4.16% to close at 66.300.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 5.36% to 62.500 in late trade, Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which lost 3.39% to settle at 29.660 and Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which was down 1.97% to 34.800 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which rose 15.80% to 14.220, SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was up 9.60% to settle at 13.70 and RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which gained 3.00% to close at 18.540.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 5.36% to 62.500 in late trade, Jenoptik AG (DE: JENGn ) which lost 1.81% to settle at 27.050 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 1.39% to 7.075 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 465 to 203 and 86 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.23% to 12.71 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.93% or 13.05 to $1421.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 1.10% or 0.62 to hit $56.87 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.63% or 1.02 to trade at $63.42 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.04% to 1.1279, while EUR/GBP rose 0.17% to 0.8973.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 96.330.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.