The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which rose 3.81% or 0.785 points to trade at 21.385 at the close. Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) added 2.17% or 4.15 points to end at 195.40 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) was up 1.99% or 0.500 points to 25.565 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 1.62% or 0.165 points to trade at 10.025 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 1.19% or 0.160 points to end at 13.255 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) shed 0.96% or 0.270 points to 27.940.
The top performers on the MDAX were Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which rose 3.74% to 12.47, Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which was up 3.42% to settle at 38.370 and Rheinmetall AG (DE: RHMG ) which gained 2.76% to close at 89.710.
The worst performers were Airbus Group SE (F: AIRG ) which was down 1.66% to 70.359 in late trade, Hannover Rueck SE (DE: HNRGn ) which lost 1.66% to settle at 95.95 and Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which was down 1.44% to 11.66 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which rose 11.39% to 9.662, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was up 3.70% to settle at 65.850 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which gained 3.28% to close at 17.765.
The worst performers were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 4.09% to 10.075 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 3.27% to settle at 37.005 and S&T AG (F: SANT1 ) which was down 0.77% to 16.805 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 464 to 277 and 49 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 6.18% to 15.21.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.91% or 12.24 to $1351.24 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $49.16 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.33% or 0.18 to trade at $54.38 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.75% to 1.2006, while EUR/GBP rose 0.48% to 0.9181.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.64% at 91.62.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.