The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which rose 4.15% or 0.790 points to trade at 19.805 at the close. Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) added 3.58% or 2.100 points to end at 60.740 and BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ) was up 2.88% or 1.950 points to 69.730 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which lost 6.15% or 9.975 points to trade at 152.325 in late trade. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) declined 2.34% or 1.320 points to end at 55.180 and Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) shed 1.65% or 1.140 points to 67.860.
The top performers on the MDAX were Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which rose 5.38% to 91.42, Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was up 4.15% to settle at 32.910 and Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which gained 3.83% to close at 54.26.
The worst performers were Aroundtown Property Holdings PLC (DE: AT1 ) which was down 2.46% to 7.145 in late trade, Siemens Healthineers AG (DE: SHLG ) which lost 2.09% to settle at 36.16 and Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which was down 1.32% to 25.440 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Tele Columbus AG (DE: TC1n ) which rose 9.78% to 3.42, Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was up 7.68% to settle at 40.65 and Stabilus (DE: STAB ) which gained 5.37% to close at 65.70.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 18.19% to 12.32 in late trade, Dr. Hoenle AG O.N. (DE: HNLG ) which lost 2.24% to settle at 69.800 and Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was down 1.62% to 72.650 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 460 to 231 and 22 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 4.61% to 19.64.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.24% or 3.00 to $1233.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 0.61% or 0.39 to hit $63.30 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.11% or 0.08 to trade at $72.81 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.26% to 1.1378, while EUR/GBP rose 0.11% to 0.8779.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.30% at 96.37.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.