The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ), which rose 4.47% or 6.50 points to trade at 152.00 at the close. Linde AG O.N. (DE: LING ) added 3.00% or 5.50 points to end at 189.00 and Siemens AG Class N (DE: SIEGn ) was up 2.21% or 2.60 points to 120.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 1.70% or 0.205 points to trade at 11.880 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 1.67% or 0.240 points to end at 14.160 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) shed 1.19% or 1.080 points to 90.030.
The top performers on the MDAX were MTU Aero Engines NA O.N. (DE: MTXGn ) which rose 2.29% to 147.35, Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) which was up 2.18% to settle at 81.650 and Gerresheimer AG (BS: GXId ) which gained 1.70% to close at 67.710.
The worst performers were Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which was down 2.07% to 75.870 in late trade, Talanx AG NA O.N. (DE: TLXGn ) which lost 1.83% to settle at 34.265 and Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was down 0.85% to 41.905 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which rose 11.50% to 12.560, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was up 3.74% to settle at 17.455 and RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which gained 3.34% to close at 20.450.
The worst performers were GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was down 4.34% to 12.455 in late trade, Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which lost 1.29% to settle at 76.600 and Pfeiffer Vacuum Technology O.N. (DE: PV ) which was down 0.32% to 138.50 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 471 to 268 and 35 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.65% to 11.92.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.18% or 2.32 to $1271.92 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 2.07% or 1.09 to hit $53.73 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 1.62% or 0.96 to trade at $60.26 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.62% to 1.1580, while EUR/GBP fell 0.24% to 0.8832.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.42% at 94.95.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.