The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ), which rose 1.96% or 1.460 points to trade at 75.960 at the close. SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) added 1.87% or 1.690 points to end at 92.020 and BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ) was up 1.74% or 1.470 points to 86.070 in late trade.
Biggest losers included RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which lost 7.28% or 1.555 points to trade at 19.805 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 3.36% or 0.398 points to end at 11.436 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) shed 1.14% or 0.720 points to 62.380.
The top performers on the MDAX were Deutsche Euroshop AG (DE: DEQGn ) which rose 3.60% to 29.960, Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which was up 3.21% to settle at 69.050 and Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which gained 2.76% to close at 17.470.
The worst performers were Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which was down 5.13% to 69.54 in late trade, Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which lost 2.43% to settle at 47.47 and Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was down 2.38% to 73.760 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which rose 3.96% to 101.100, CompuGroup Medical AG O.N. (DE: COPMa ) which was up 2.91% to settle at 43.120 and SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which gained 2.54% to close at 32.25.
The worst performers were Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 6.51% to 12.950 in late trade, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which lost 2.65% to settle at 20.600 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was down 2.36% to 64.100 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 386 to 290 and 92 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 1.99% to 15.33.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.37% or 4.90 to $1322.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.32% or 0.22 to hit $67.97 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 0.25% or 0.19 to trade at $74.55 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.02% to 1.2107, while EUR/GBP rose 0.99% to 0.8782.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.07% at 91.45.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.