Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.61%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Basic Resources , Technology and Retail sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX rose 0.61%, while the MDAX index added 0.36%, and the TecDAX index climbed 0.15%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ), which rose 2.31% or 3.26 points to trade at 144.44 at the close. Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) added 2.22% or 1.550 points to end at 71.250 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) was up 1.85% or 0.342 points to 18.848 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ), which lost 1.99% or 1.80 points to trade at 88.80 in late trade. Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) declined 1.46% or 0.430 points to end at 29.010 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) shed 1.41% or 1.550 points to 108.000.
The top performers on the MDAX were Lanxess AG (DE: LXSG ) which rose 3.50% to 50.580, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was up 3.29% to settle at 87.8000 and Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which gained 2.83% to close at 32.71.
The worst performers were Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which was down 2.24% to 32.300 in late trade, Aroundtown Property Holdings PLC (DE: AT1 ) which lost 1.69% to settle at 7.324 and Siemens Healthineers AG (DE: SHLG ) which was down 1.67% to 37.00 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which rose 5.57% to 9.010, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was up 4.36% to settle at 8.4800 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which gained 3.29% to close at 87.800.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 3.92% to 9.80 in late trade, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which lost 2.24% to settle at 32.300 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was down 1.99% to 320.00 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 443 to 260 and 78 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 1.26% to 14.90.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.08% or 1.05 to $1295.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 1.36% or 0.84 to hit $62.43 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.39% or 0.27 to trade at $69.28 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.09% to 1.1201, while EUR/GBP fell 0.06% to 0.8551.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.14% at 96.933.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or