The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 2.27% or 3.400 points to trade at 153.400 at the close. Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) added 1.67% or 3.60 points to end at 219.30 and Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) was up 1.66% or 1.700 points to 104.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which lost 0.51% or 0.235 points to trade at 46.105 in late trade. E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) declined 0.41% or 0.039 points to end at 9.379 and Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ) shed 0.39% or 0.260 points to 65.980.
The top performers on the MDAX were Axel Springer SE (DE: SPRGn ) which rose 22.06% to 55.050, Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which was up 3.60% to settle at 172.600 and Metro Wholesale & Food Specialist AG (DE: B4B ) which gained 2.17% to close at 14.1350.
The worst performers were LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which was down 2.87% to 106.550 in late trade, Aroundtown Property Holdings PLC (DE: AT1 ) which lost 1.68% to settle at 7.592 and Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which was down 1.28% to 41.550 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which rose 8.99% to 9.70, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was up 3.76% to settle at 16.290 and Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which gained 3.67% to close at 353.00.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 2.86% to 7.800 in late trade, Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which lost 1.19% to settle at 2.485 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 0.95% to 88.300 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 408 to 260 and 101 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 5.68% to 17.11.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.43% or 5.50 to $1286.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 1.65% or 0.97 to hit $57.84 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 2.37% or 1.61 to trade at $66.26 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.08% to 1.1138, while EUR/GBP rose 0.17% to 0.8827.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.01% at 98.042.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.