The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were BASF SE NA O.N. (DE: BASFN ), which rose 3.13% or 2.180 points to trade at 71.790 at the close. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) added 3.01% or 0.605 points to end at 20.720 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) was up 2.94% or 1.580 points to 55.320 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ), which lost 2.08% or 2.06 points to trade at 97.18 in late trade. E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ) declined 1.29% or 0.130 points to end at 9.918 and Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) shed 0.89% or 0.840 points to 93.660.
The top performers on the MDAX were Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which rose 6.58% to 76.100, Aareal Bank AG (DE: ARLG ) which was up 3.46% to settle at 29.310 and Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which gained 3.34% to close at 11.46.
The worst performers were Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which was down 1.78% to 69.100 in late trade, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which lost 1.39% to settle at 32.600 and LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which was down 1.18% to 104.300 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which rose 6.60% to 9.4340, Carl Zeiss Meditec AG (DE: AFXG ) which was up 6.58% to settle at 76.100 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which gained 5.19% to close at 45.380.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 4.36% to 8.985 in late trade, Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which lost 1.39% to settle at 32.600 and Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which was down 1.10% to 30.560 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 412 to 272 and 90 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.86% to 12.91 a new 6-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.07% or 0.85 to $1294.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.35% or 0.22 to hit $63.80 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 1.03% or 0.73 to trade at $71.56 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.43% to 1.1298, while EUR/GBP rose 0.31% to 0.8641.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.24% at 96.575.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.