The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which rose 2.54% or 2.45 points to trade at 98.84 at the close. Linde AG 1 (DE: LIN1 ) added 2.34% or 4.7000 points to end at 205.3000 and Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) was up 1.87% or 3.30 points to 179.80 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which lost 2.45% or 0.580 points to trade at 23.110 in late trade. Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) declined 1.12% or 0.910 points to end at 80.310 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) shed 0.82% or 0.950 points to 114.350.
The top performers on the MDAX were Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which rose 3.82% to 31.560, Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was up 2.36% to settle at 26.92 and MTU Aero Engines NA O.N. (DE: MTXGn ) which gained 2.01% to close at 162.80.
The worst performers were Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which was down 7.24% to 12.17 in late trade, Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which lost 4.83% to settle at 43.150 and Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was down 3.23% to 39.840 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which rose 5.74% to 53.40, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was up 2.44% to settle at 104.900 and Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which gained 2.05% to close at 15.165.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 3.07% to 127.750 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 2.17% to settle at 37.880 and Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which was down 2.11% to 40.300 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 393 to 327 and 62 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 9.72% to 15.82.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.02% or 0.20 to $1270.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 4.59% or 3.01 to hit $68.55 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 2.45% or 1.79 to trade at $74.84 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.30% to 1.1638, while EUR/GBP rose 0.14% to 0.8775.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.21% at 94.34.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.