The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 2.70% or 4.200 points to trade at 159.700 at the close. Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) added 1.43% or 0.77 points to end at 54.67 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) was up 1.26% or 0.080 points to 6.447 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius Medical Care KGAA ST (DE: FMEG ), which lost 1.18% or 0.800 points to trade at 66.840 in late trade. Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) declined 0.77% or 0.70 points to end at 89.94 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) shed 0.40% or 0.500 points to 125.000.
The top performers on the MDAX were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which rose 5.15% to 68.640, Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was up 2.67% to settle at 41.550 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which gained 2.41% to close at 2.589.
The worst performers were RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which was down 2.17% to 42.340 in late trade, CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which lost 1.58% to settle at 42.440 and Osram Licht AG (DE: OSRn ) which was down 1.51% to 28.00 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which rose 5.15% to 68.640, Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was up 2.70% to settle at 159.700 and RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which gained 2.44% to close at 16.400.
The worst performers were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was down 3.18% to 21.940 in late trade, Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which lost 2.45% to settle at 9.4160 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which was down 1.44% to 143.700 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 444 to 252 and 78 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.38% to 16.81.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.06% or 0.80 to $1284.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 1.06% or 0.62 to hit $59.25 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 1.90% or 1.28 to trade at $68.75 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.02% to 1.1200, while EUR/GBP rose 0.39% to 0.8831.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.15% at 97.625.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.